15.7.14

Really??

I noticed today the first UK website listing the New MORA pathfinder what surprised me was the price  £89.88 .................. I checked twice to make sure this was for one knife and not a box of them!!

Now I don't mind paying good money for a knife and I even considered getting myself a Mora Pathfinder once they become available but then I found this review ..............

http://rockymountainbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/review-big-bad-mora-bushcraft.html

And all that changed.

Mora may have made a mistake here, after all the key to Mora's popularity is that their knives are functional but no thrills. Trying to sell a knife of this type and then getting reviews like above I doubt the Mora Pathfinder will become as popular as say the Mora Clipper or Companion knife and I certainly wont be parting with any pennies for one in the near future.

Lastly, think price comparison for a similar price you could get a Sissipuukko or a Leuku - maybe on this occasion Mora have priced themselves out the running ............. we shall see.

5 comments:

Lee said...

For that price, just buy a Grohmann Trout and Bird.

Suburban Bushwacker said...

Nice enough, but against other knives in the price bracket it doesn't look like very good value, hard to move up-market when you've built a business on being the best bang for buck outfit on earth.
SBW

Blackthorn Bushcraft said...

With the whole "Pathfinder" they're just jumping on the Dave Cabterbury Bandwagon, for the price I'll stick with my Condor Sapiens ;o)

Survivall said...

I reckon you may have something there guys .............

munchh said...

Its a real shame, but ive never yet slent more than £10 on a knife I love the simple things, like a hultifors heavy duty, they are unr a tenner delivered and take some great abuse, I sta away from name brands if poss.