28.1.14

Trials of life

Firstly, let me apologise for the quiet blog - my work life balance has been in turmoil, I have moved home etc etc ............... but now things are slowly returning to normal and as such this blog will soon be back up to speed.

Now, I am in the process of writing a book which will have other media/interactive access but more on this later. As part of this book I have been out and about testing items and ideas and over the last couple of days I had a quick camp out with the sole purpose of testing a blanket for warmth as a sleeping item when used without a campfire.

As such myself and one of my oldest buddies (wiggy) headed out into the local woods ,,,,,,,,,, our gear was as per the kit items I will be listing in the book and the test was to examine the survivability of a person caught out with a blanket but unable to light a fire ............

Good results, cold wet January night - but all in all not a bad night!

More to come!!




3 comments:

Bushwalker Clay said...

Its good to hear everything is okay Gary and its only life that has kept you away from us.:)
Better late than never , but would like to wish you and yours a happy new year

Survivall said...

Thanks Clay and a belated happy new year to all you guys over there too ....

moose said...

wow their is life here
pleased all is going well for you looking forward to the book