26.8.13

Knife sale

As readers will no doubt know, I am down scaling my kit. Over the year I have sold off all my surplus gear leaving myself with just a few choice item's. Basically a hiking kit and a bushcraft kit - packed in their respective packs and ready to go.

A few extra items have been kept for example my extreme winter clothing for arctic training etc etc.

Today the last items are to be offered up for sale - these are my most beloved knives (apart from one NEW Mora I found in a draw) ...........most are hand made or custom jobs, one is a rare model.

These aren't draw queens - all have been used but are in very good condition - they are all my favourites and sold as seen.


Grohmann Survival Knife with modified belt sheath - designed to hang lower on belt.


Canadian Forces knife with pistol sheath - grohmanns classic

 
Brusletto  Bamsen - I think I've had this since the early 90's and it comes with the old pistol sheath they used to supply for it - my original bushcraft knife which I used even in my woodlore years until I could afford a woodlore knife! *note I sold the woodlore years ago but kept the bamsen .........


Green river knife with steel - Wright and sons model.


These three are my favourites - hand made custom jobs - beautiful tools. Bottom to top - Stromeng 7" Leuku with Moose antler and birch scales - middle is a Lauri blade with reindeet antler and birch scales - top Frosts Mora blade again with birch and antler scales, this is a excellent whittler. * Ideally would like to sell as a set to a deserving new home - also in the sami tradition all three have tin washers inserted into the scales as the sami believe this would drive off evil spirits and protect the owner. 

 

Another small Frosts Mora with custom scales - excellent necker!


Mora Bushcraft Forest knife - new never used .............


The crème dela crème - Jan Ververs Hand made "big" camp knife. Made for me by Jan this big bladed knife comes with a customer kydex sheath with leather loop - loop has small pocket for addition of a sharpening stone (dc4) - rosewood scales!

All are for sale - note I have listed no prices as I believe custom/hand made tools the value will vary in the eyes of the beholder so am leaving them open to offers.

Post will be 5.99 for one knife to UK addresses - 7.99 for two and 10.99 for three - overseas readers again contact me to clarify postage.

It's a hard thing for a man to sell his most trusted and beloved cutting tools - suffice to say each of these is a excellent bushcraft tool and will serve it's new owner well.

As for me well I am keeping my M95 Sisspuuko, my newly found Lockwood and my tomahawk. I have a small collection of Mora's for courses - and a custom No1 and No3 which I made myself.

PM me, email me or Comment if your interested - once gone these will never be available again - offer wisely as silly offers will be ignored!

13 comments:

Finnman said...

WOW! Great treasures for sale...you must crying blood :( I´m sure those will find loving homes soon.
Pity I´m in no need of sharp tools at the moment..or ever?!? :)
Happy to hear that you kept Sissipuukko M/95 it´s wonderful blade in it´s all simplicity.

Survivall said...

The M95 is excellent - proved its worth last winter in Sweden. And it reminds me of my old knife that Lars Falt designed too.

Its a strange thing - I want to clear out and sell these knives but oddly I am really not trying too...........

Survivall said...

The Jan Verver's knife and the Canadian Forces knife are no longer available - thanks

Survivall said...

Bamsen gone now also

Mike said...

I'm interested in the Stromeng, Lauri,and Frost mora. Can you email me your asking price plus shipping to the US? Thanks for your time and awesome blog!
mike

Survivall said...

email enroute Mike

Survivall said...

The three sami style knives have gone - thanks

Mike said...

Received the three sami blades. Amazing feel and heft to these knives! Thanks brother!

Survivall said...

Mike, great to hear they arrived and you like them brother - I hope that serve you well where ever you serve - keep safe!

Ron Oates said...

still got the green river knife???? please let me know what you have left..........Ron Oates/Montana Outfitters 350fish@gmail.com

Survivall said...

Hi Ron,

Yep still got the green river knive and the Jan Ververs custom job .......... everything else went!

Ron Oates said...

got e-mail and will send you a e-mail.....lost this site but found it again.......You would really fall in love with Montana....I'v been here for 40 years or so and tried to leave to make the big bucks but after seeing the real world I scurry back like a rat on a 6 lane freeway........I will take care of and use your knife properly...Ron Oates/Montana Outfitters

Ron Oates said...

Hi, Sent you a E-mail about this knife............thanks,Ron Oates/Montana Outfitters