18.2.13

LK70 Swedish Army Rucksack


The Swedish Army LK70 rucksack is basically a larger version of the popular LK35. A external frame pack of, surprise surprise, 70 litres capacity!!

I recently took one of the excellent sacks with me to Sweden for a weeks hiking and winter survival training and I have to say it is a excellent sack. Mine was a cheap surplus graded one off ebay but even so the whole rucksack is rugged and built to take some hard work - the waist built is leather and the lid straps are also leather which is a good feature on packs being used in cold climates, although straps on mine were a bit stretched and frayed they still performed well.

The large external rear pocket is ideal for your stove, fuel and food while the two side pockets are long but aren't that large - in mine I carried wet weather gear on the left and my laavu on the right. the lid has a small external pocket ideal for easy access items such as a first aid kit. There is also a larger lid pocket on the inside while is where I store my wash kit, maps etc.

Overall a excellent sack - I would love to get myself a new one so if anyone knows where I can get one let me know!

But even graded for less than £30 I don't think you will find a better - more comfortable sack! Really is a pleasure to use and best of all no sweaty back!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts on the pack. I used a Karrimor Totem Senior for many years before switching to the (old style) Jaguar which I still use today.

Is the Swedish pack comfortable for long trips when carrying heavy loads? I like the look of the pack and have read many +ve comments about it, but many also say that it needs to have it's harness replaced by molle or equivalent.

It's clear that you have used the sack for more than just "short walk ins to camp" so I'd appreciate your comments.

Many thanks, Rob

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts on the pack. I used a Karrimor Totem Senior for many years before switching to the (old style) Jaguar which I still use today.

Is the Swedish pack comfortable for long trips when carrying heavy loads? I like the look of the pack and have read many +ve comments about it, but many also say that it needs to have it's harness replaced by molle or equivalent.

It's clear that you have used the sack for more than just "short walk ins to camp" so I'd appreciate your comments.

Many thanks, Rob

Survivall said...

Rob I really like it and it is still the sack I use for long term winter hiking were I carry bulky heavy items ..........the frame works well for me as I like the way it keeps the back straight.

Hope that helps

Hardy said...

thanks I now have this pack all I got to do is man up to carry it full lol thanks

Hardy said...

thanks I now have this sac all I have to o is man up to carry it full thanks again

woodsrunner said...

Howdy Gary!
nice ruck...i have an LK35...would love to get my hands on the LK70 some day.
like you i sometimes use an alice both med and large, but i think i prefer the LK35.
i also have a couple old trapper nelson packs...i use the larger of the two whenever i'm packing in for several days.
still, i sure like the looks and utility of that LK70...woods