4.1.13

Dave Canterbury - re-DS

This is a video from Dave Canterbury with regards to his/ the reasons he was dropped from Dual Survival - there has been a lot of talk about the wrongs and rights and the whys and where fors of what happened and Dave has had a lot of courage to finally come forward and put the record straight.

http://youtu.be/BDmRrJ-GdUA

Personally I would like to say two things - firstly, as I have always maintained his military history may be faux or misleading but his current bushcraft survival skills are real and that is what interests me - the moral dilemma of faking his past isn't relevant to me, and lets face it there are many so called experts both in the popular culture and ruling schools etc who embellish if not totally lie about their skills and back grounds so he's not alone.

Secondly, I can understand where he is coming from over this as I know in the past I too have made mistakes. In my case I was also naïve about some things related to business and the greed/manipulations of other people, people who sometimes used my naivity and trust to further their own ends. So I will not judge him for that.

I look forward to the new series of Dual Survival (season 3) but it will not detract from my enjoyment of seasons 1 or 2 and it will not stop me watching Dave on Youtube (hell if I was in America I might even do a course for the crack too)

Lastly - everyone deserves a second chance, sadly there are far to many greedy vindictive people in the world who like nothing better than to gossip and put down others as they feel it makes them seem superior in someway ............. well folks I'd rather spend time in the woods with a man like Dave and many so called experts who run some of the various forums and business' out there (that's not to say there aren't some good guys out there who are very good and dedicated to what they do too - but these guys know who they are, and are still my friends and acquaintances lol)

End of the day people be true to yourselves - be the best person you can be every day and sleep easy and if someone doesn't like you or what you do, screw em its their problem not yours!



3 comments:

moose said...

good point.
i have seen some of the new duel survivall. with joe and cody its exactly the same set up but now we have pictures of joe in military poses big woop!!!
dave was good at what he did and does just because you are special forces does this make you better i dont think so you will be good yes, but what about the the guys who live in the back woods. i have never been out on the ice fishing etc but will go out with a buddy who has done it all his life so a two week course of life experiance i know who has more knowledge.

Lee said...

Agreed. There is lots to learn from Dave's Youtube Channel, and to be honest, who believes anything that is on TV? Everything is fabricated to create drama to sell commercial slots. If you don't know this then you probably deserve to be fooled.

Lee said...

Agreed. There is lots to learn from Dave's Youtube Channel, and to be honest, who believes anything that is on TV? Everything is fabricated to create drama to sell commercial slots. If you don't know this then you probably deserve to be fooled.