20.1.13

Arctic / Winter training.

In a couple of weeks myself and a couple of friends are off to Sweden to do some Arctic/winter training. This is a two fold trip, firstly its for myself and one of my instructional team to refresh our skills and get some dirty time as, unlike a lot of schools out there we find instructors need to keep on top of there skills too! Secondly, we want to expand the programme with an advanced winter course for those who have previously attended and passed our winter WEISS course.

And this is my reason for writing this post - having trawled the internet for hours I can not find a single Winter/arctic course which has a programme that's harder or more varied than our WEISS training let alone more advanced as most boast the most basic skills so dear reader (of whom I know some are from America and Scandinavia etc etc) I need your help!!

Can you give me either links to courses that might give me ideas of additional skills to add/try or can you give me a few of what you consider advanced skills which we might try??

Thanks in advance - of and you can comment here or email me via the website www.nordmarkencanoeuk.co.uk if you prefer .................

5 comments:

SWECANOE said...

You are welcome GAZ we got snow and ice now and the hard winter is waiting for you and Steve and fishing is exelent now and days to come.
Preben Mortensen

Survivall said...

Glad to hear it - looking forward to arriving too - been to long since last time! Hope there is some ugly pike awaiting my hook!!

Lee said...

I know Tom Brown Jr. has a winter survival course where all you get to bring into the bush with you is the clothing on your back (sweatshirt and jeans) and a knife into the colds of winter in Montana.

Survivall said...

Well that about says it all re Tom Brown Lee - Im not a fan - and oddly I cant find a website for him??

moose said...

pleased that you will get some winter time. been browsing the web and their seem to be no courses that fit your brief. however you could look at thw winter trecking forum, these guys are always out and about in mostly canada. sorry could not be of more help