3.3.11

Brecon Beacons and Survival bag video

Well dear reader I apologise for the lack of posts recently but this time of year is my play time - the time when I get to do stuff I enjoy and not have to worry about courses and students ect ........

Last week for example Steve and I drove across to Wales for a week hiking the Brecon Beacons, an area I havent visited since I did my SCBC there in the 90's!

What a great area and fantastic people - both of which went to make our weeks hiking one of the best, most relaxing weeks I've had in a long time!!

The highlight of the week was re-doing the fan dance ......... although I have to admit where once I ran I now walked (slowly!) but it was great to get back up Pen-y-fan one more time - unlike last time this time, as we hit the fork and turned right for the Fan we were met with a freezing wind which took our breath away and and almost blow us back down the ice covered slopes! 25 to 30 mile an hour winds sent the temperature plummeting to around minus 11 - but rather than spoil the week this only served to highlight it and give an unforgetable finally to a cracking week!

Winter hiking = no public = hills to yourself = well worth it!

Oh and heres a little video the content of which I pray you never need to employ!

No comments: